Fiona 1.8b1 is in the cheese shop today while supplies last: https://pypi.org/project/Fiona/1.8b1/. There are changes since 1.8a3, none of them breaking. Please, if you can, run pip install fiona==1.8b1 to help test this prerelease.
- Collection slicing has been deprecated and will be prohibited in a future version.
- Rasterio CRS objects passed to transform module methods will be converted to dicts as needed (#590).
- Implicitly convert curve geometries to their linear approximations rather than failing (#617).
- Migrated unittest test cases in test_collection.py and test_layer.py to the use of the standard data_dir and path_coutwildrnp_shp fixtures (#616).
- Root logger configuration has been removed from all test scripts (#615).
- An AWS session is created for the CLI context Env only if explicitly requested, matching the behavior of Rasterio’s CLI (#635).
- Dependency on attrs is made explicit.
- Other dependencies are pinned to known good versions in requirements files.
- Unused arguments have been removed from the Env constructor (#637).
- A with_context_env decorator has been added and used to set up the GDAL environment for CLI commands. The command functions themselves are now simplified.
A 1.8.0 final release is scheduled for the end of this month.