At last, 1.0: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Fiona/1.0.
Fiona is OGR's neat, nimble, no tears API. It is a Python library, not a GIS library, and is designed for Python programmers who appreciate:
- Simplicity and less code.
- Familiar Python types and protocols like files, dicts, and iterators instead of classes specific to GIS.
- GeoJSON style feature records.
- Reading and writing single and multi-layer files.
- Reading zipped data, too.
- A handy command line tool that upgrades "ogr2ogr -f GeoJSON".
- Comprehensive tests.
- 15 pages of narrative documentation.
I've had lots of help getting to this stage. Thanks, everybody!
The name? At first it was a Shrek reference, but now it's just a probably too cute but hopefully not too annoying recursive bacronym.
Share and enjoy this Fiona Deluxe Professional Home Enterprise Edition 1.0.